Political Forum
 SUPPORT SINIORA'S GOVERNMENT
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Gen. Michel Aoun criticized Prime Minister Fouad Saniora's refusal to resign, saying his government is bound to collapse any time, As-Safir reported Thursday.

Aoun told the daily newspaper: "Saniora will pay for his stubbornness and this could happen any time…then he won't even have time to gather his belongings because he will find himself forced to leave quickly. I tell Saniora that a government reshuffle should have taken place at the end of 2005…but that never happened."
Aoun said Saniora's government can no longer depend on outside support to stay in power. "You have to know that you can no longer rely on outside support as your government is weak in all aspects. We have warned of the dangers of the government's persistence. Since you didn't feel concerned, we now retain the option of choosing the right time to achieve the desired change."

The leader of the Free Patriotic Movement also took a jab at the parliamentary majority, which he said it fears a constitutional vacuum in case the current government resigns. "This fictitious majority cannot rule forever," he said. He also described the government as a "government of destruction and economic collapse. Those who are responsible for devastation cannot build a country and save the economy," he said.

Aoun's comments came after Saniora said at a press conference Wednesday that his government will not resign despite calls by the opposition to do so. "As long as the cabinet enjoys parliament's support, democracy will continue and the government won't resign," Saniora told reporters before heading to Stockholm to attend a donors' conference on Lebanon there.

General Aoun is mistaken: the government of Mr. Siniora enjoys wide support among the Lebanese of all walks of life and all sects, in addition to a parliamentary mandate. If Mr. Aoun wants to get himself in the cabinet, he should have done so a year ago. It is too late now.
Frankly I was surprised at Aoun's remarks: I don't know if the anymore if the man is sincere or if he fears that events in Lebanon are happening and he is missing an important historic turn. I wonder if his parliamentary bloc endorses his statement to Assafir!
I also wonder if Tayyar members stand by their man in this statement. Frankly his statement can be described as irresponsible at best.
I think we should all SUPPORT SINIORA'S GOVERNMENT at this time. The man is doing a great job and he has been one of the best PMs this country has seen in more than 5 decades.
Say with me:

WE SUPPORT PRIME MINISTER SINIORA

akhalife

5 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  12:34:29 PM  Show Profile
Let's summarize our political life here :

Siniora was chosen by the parliament to head the new government .
Syria tried to destabilize him through : Shutting their borders, refusing
to see him, insults, ordering him to Syria, Sleiman Franjieh, Omar Karame,
Michel Aoun, Hezbollah ministers, A bloody war, and he is still there, with the
express support of all parties, Speaker of the parliament, and the rest of the world.

Somebody that tries to work through all of the above hurdle, that achieves what
This actual Government did, is worth my total admiration, and is really
in my opinion a head of state I can be proud of.

On the other hand we have Michel Aoun that is pouting because he did not succeed to
impose his majority, refuses to enter the government because the word opposition
is tempting to him. Wants to topple Siniora no matter what, even lending an ear
to long timde foe Syria, Lahoud, Karame and Franjieh, Signs an accord of " I'll look the other way " with Hezbollah, wants new elections while non governmental weapons are roaming freely in the country, and since he came back from exile has done nothing productive for the country and even for the people that voted for him. Stealing the credit for what hs been achieved so far by Siniora, and at the same time offers views of going to Syria begging for a meeting...

Well excuse me but his idea of a new government is very scary, because the guy has only one plan, to be achieved at any cost: the presidential seat. He didn't give a thought to me, my country or my people.

Sorry, Mr. Aoun, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, so forgive me in my determination to want my country above all, and that includes you and your sleazy ambitions.
Go to Top of Page

The Whip

42 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, leave it to the General to come up with empty threats when the world is looking for poise and reflection.
What happened to him? I know.
Nothing... He has always been "Syria's Trojan Horse" in Lebanon:

1) In 1989, he opened what he called "War of Liberation" against the Syrians, only to give the Assad regime a chance to strike hard at the anti-Syrian pro-Lebanon nationals at the time and destroy them completely. And that is what happened and the GMA went into hiding.

2) For fifteen years, Syria dominated Lebanon and all he offered the broken anti-Syrian resistance movement was lip-service from his exile in Paris: No Fund raising, no political preparation, no alliances, nothing... just words. Fifteen years and the youth of today's FPM were beaten to death by the Syrians and their cronies in Lebanon, tortured, taken to jails, silenced, etc... the general meanwhile enjoyed a calm relaxing time in his Parisian abode.

3) Syria leaves Lebanon in 2005 kicked out by a wave of Lebanese nationalists that took to the streets on March 14, 2005. March 14, 2005 becomes the day when most of Lebanon (except the pro-Syrians: Hezbollah, etc.) joins the youth of the Tayyar in what they have faught for during the past 15 years. GMA arrives and pulls out of March 14, joins hands with the pro-Syrians against the nationalistic pro-Independence movement!!!!!

4) GMA argues electral tactics. Elections over, his personal ego prevents him from putting country first...-sorry, my mistake- the call from Syria comes: "GMA, now that you have hijacked the Christian vote" deliver it to us like you did in 1989." The GMA opposes the Siniora Government, Allies himself with Hezbollah - memo of understanding, not alliance to be exact - and starts demanding to topple the cabinet. Why? How? When?

Here it comes:

Why? To take the pressure off the Assad regime in the Hariri investigation; to derail the implementation of 1701 and provide Syria and Hezbollah with an opportunity to re-arm and use Lebanon as a war stage again.

How? God knows how. Frankly, GMA is crazy; maybe he thinks he will take to the streets and bring down the cabinet. Well it won't happen. Maybe he thinks, he has still enough influence within a Syrian-trained Lebanese army, loyal to Lahoud and Hezbollah, so GMA can call for a military coup d'état.

When? When Assad orders him to do so.

We have had it with you Mr. Aoun. Take your things and leave.

To my old friends in the Tayyar, we faught oppression together, those who know me, know very well that I used to be a human shield in Baabda when GMA was there in 1989 to protect him from any eventual Syrian attack. I have seen the light. I hope and pray that you my friends do the same and call for an immediate change in the leadership of Tayyar.
It is time for GMA to retire.
I support PM Siniora
Go to Top of Page

Rabih Lubnan

12 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Whip, let's not forget who were the 2 main pro-Syrians for the last 15 years: Hariri and Jumblat.
So spare me the nationalist movement BS of March 14.
Aoun is a man of principles, he says what he believes and he fights for it. He does not change his national colors with the seasonal change.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to demand that the cabinet resigns.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to demand that the cabinet be held accountable.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to express his desire to see anew cabinet.
So please spare me your care for the Tayyar. The Tayyar is in good hands; if you care so much why did you leave? I tell you if you repent and come back we will welcome you with open arms like the prodigal son; otherwise we are glad you are no longer one of us.
GENERAL MICHEL AOUN FOR PRESIDENT
Go to Top of Page

Jnawb

6 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  5:12:30 PM  Show Profile
NASRALLAH FOR PRESIDENT

Why maronites keep presidency? Hassan Nasrallah liberated Lebanon and defeated the Israelis. he has the largest group of supporters in lebanon, he should be president.
Sanioura should resign too because he is very much pro-American and America is the ennemy. America allowed Israel to destroy lebanon and encouraged it and Sanioura still talks to the brown panther.
WHIP, el HEZB will remain; the arms will remain; the Shias will take over Lebanon and show you how to govern a country.
Go to Top of Page

akhalife

5 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  7:51:43 PM  Show Profile
The democratic process id beautiful !

yes the opposition is entitled to ask for the departure of the government !
But sorry to ask : what is Michel Aoun opposing ? I didn't quite well get that !
Is he opposing Syria, Iran, israel, Lahoud, France, America what exactly ?

is he opposing people , Joumblatt, Hariri , Siniora ? if this is the case Mr. Aoun, do it
on your own time, agenda, don't drag me into this, please put Lebanon first.

And to the fellow who thinks that nasrallah liberated us, sorry but we are more invaded
than before, we are more destroyed than before, we are more in pain then before,
the guy goes public to say he did a mistake, sorry that was a very costly one.
History will judge! he didn't even bring glory to the Shia, because he never mentionned the martyrs from Amal, but just wanted to give glory to his party, and of course to himself as a head of party !
That was a major miscalculation, not the kind of behaviour to be expected from a fine tuned politician. Keep doing social stuff you are good at it and keep politics to politicians
or join the ranks of politicians, dialogue and build up your country for eternity!

Thank god that even with that big useless guy we have in Baabda, Maronites through their patriarch and other politicians are present
Go to Top of Page

soropov

16 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  05:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Jnawb, Nasrallah admitted that he ost the last WAR, so he shouls no be president :
Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said Sunday that if he had known the capture of two Israeli soldiers would lead to such a war, he wouldn't have ordered it.
"We did not think, even one percent, that the capture would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude. You ask me, if I had known on July 11 ... that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not," he said in an interview with New TV station.
This means that Nsrallah regrets what he has done and admitts his defeat.

The only person that thinks Nasrallah won is GMA. The reason is that he is always far from reallity. So GMA cannot be president also.
I support PM Siniora

Go to Top of Page

PaxLibano

France
39 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rabih Lubnan
Aoun is a man of principles, he says what he believes and he fights for it. He does not change his national colors with the seasonal change.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to demand that the cabinet resigns.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to demand that the cabinet be held accountable.
It is his right as the leader of the opposition to express his desire to see anew cabinet.
A man of principle? That would explain his alliances in the 2005 parliamentary elections.
Leader of the opposition? Which opposition? In Parliament? Can he lead Hezbollah? - Outside Parliament? Can he command Frangieh, Karami, the Baath, the Kawmi, etc. Which opposition are you talking about? The opposition to a free and independant Lebanon?
Yes it his right to demand anything he wants as it is the right of any ordinary Lebanese; but he can do it in his personal name and on behalf of his party, not in the name of the opposition and not in the name of the Christians.
All of us wish to see a new cabinet, more harmonious and more balanced but not right now.
I believe that what Siniora is doing for Lebanon nationally and internationally is admirable and I support Siniora wholeheartedly and without reservations until I see a new President in Baabda.
Let GMA support the change of Lahoud and the election of a true pro-Independence President and then automatically a new cabinet will have to come in place.
I SUPPORT PM SINIORA
Go to Top of Page

The Whip

42 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  08:51:37 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jnawb
NASRALLAH FOR PRESIDENT
Why maronites keep presidency? Hassan Nasrallah liberated Lebanon and defeated the Israelis. he has the largest group of supporters in lebanon, he should be president.
Sanioura should resign too because he is very much pro-American and America is the ennemy. America allowed Israel to destroy lebanon and encouraged it and Sanioura still talks to the brown panther.
WHIP, el HEZB will remain; the arms will remain; the Shias will take over Lebanon and show you how to govern a country.

Jnawb, are you really from the South?
If in fact you were, you would demand that Nasrallah be put on trial for causing this absurd war to take place. I agree with Soropov, Nasrallh admitted defeat. For God's sake, what military leader would go on TV, claim that he had no idea what the enemy's reaction is going to be and then is hailed as a hero? I can appreciate the fact that you are blinded by his religious rhetoric, but I ask you to use your mind and your reason when it comes to matters of war and peace. Nasrallah took Lebanon into a war without having a pre-prepared strategy that consider eventualities.
Ah and Fneish goes boldly on TV and said we have done it in the past and they did not retaliate like that - Is this man stupid or what? If Hezbollah reads in one book and uses one method, that does not mean the whole world is as one-track-minded as they are; people explore new venues, new tactics, new strategies.
That is why my dear Jnawb, neither Hezbollah nor Nasrallah are fit to be in any leadership position in this country. If you like the Sayyed so much, I suggest you go and hide with him in whatever hole he is dugged into.
Go to Top of Page

Akhwat Shanai

14 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:08:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rabih Lubnan

Whip, let's not forget who were the 2 main pro-Syrians for the last 15 years: Hariri and Jumblat.
So spare me the nationalist movement BS of March 14.
So please spare me your care for the Tayyar. The Tayyar is in good hands; if you care so much why did you leave? I tell you if you repent and come back we will welcome you with open arms like the prodigal son; otherwise we are glad you are no longer one of us.
GENERAL MICHEL AOUN FOR PRESIDENT

It is the right of opposition to demand whatever he wants, anytime except in a situation like the current one in Lebanon.
In fact everyone should show solidarity and support the current gvt to be able to take off the israeli embargo.
What GMA is doing only weekend the gvt and only profit to the enemies of Lebanon.
Or GMA is a "AMIL" or he knows nothing about strategies.
From what is above, he should never be president.

We should all support Prime Minister Fouad Seniora.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Forum for Democracy in Lebanon © Democracy in Lebanon Go To Top Of Page