Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Democracy in Lebanon
 Political Forum
 HELP... HELP... Lebanon needs your help!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

12 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  3:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moderator's Homepage
Lebanon is going through a difficult existentialist phase in its history. The Lebanese are being killed in their sleep by roving terrorist bombers, the political leadership is absent, the economy is in shambles. For the latest on our condition, visit: http://www.democracyinlebanon.org/News/KhoderP.htm
We need your help.
Whoever you are...whatever idea you may have...
Please share it with us.
Thank you.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/17/2005 3:54:15 PM

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  4:24:30 PM  Show Profile
It begins by ridding the region of the Assad regime and all those who float in its orbit both in Lebanon and Syria.
I am sorry that the Lebanese have to suffer a bit more; but my feeling is that these pains are "labor pains". Hopefully the child will live and be healthy.
Yes the jingle is all familiar: who is behind it all? Syria and its security apparatus in Lebanon.
Well believe it or not, they are. They Syrian regime is behaving as if it is guilty in the Hariri assassination. It is trying by focussing its attacks against the Christians, to create a sense of dismay and revolt among the Christians against the current administration and the direction in which the country is going.
And instead of calming the anger, you have politicians and media from the Hariri camp and its allies sharpen their attacks on the elected Christian representative of the bombed regions (Aoun).
So between Syria bombing the Christian sector on a regular basis and the Hariri-Jumblat media machine telling the Christians in that sector that they don't matter, the situation is escalating.
A word of caution to everyone, let's finish our business with Syria first, let's topple the Assad regime once and for all, let's implement all UNSC resolutions regarding Lebanon and then we'll have plenty of time for political fights.
For the time being we need solidarity and we need unity.
Go to Top of Page

Jean

Lebanon
50 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  10:53:45 PM  Show Profile
I think we need immdediate measures to stop the terrorism in East Beirut. Obviously, the official security services are either incapable or complicit in these attacks therefore unreliable.
Frankly we need local militias again. We need to re-arm the people at least in the regions of Keserwan, Metn and East Beirut in order to protect themselves. The government is absent and we can't just sit and watch our brothers and sisters terrorized and murdered by this roaming wave of explosions. It is time to rebuild the Lebanese resistance that liberated these regions from Arafat and his militias, and arm it well this time to face the terrorism that plagues our streets.
I would go even beyond that and call for the building of a "security wall" around the attacked regions: 7awajez we teftish and permitted admission. Those who have no business being in Achrafieh and Zalka and Jounieh, should not be there.
Go to Top of Page

The Whip

42 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  11:11:25 AM  Show Profile
Help is on the way. Stay united and believe in Lebanon.
Go to Top of Page

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  2:24:16 PM  Show Profile
I think it begins by accepting neutrality as a first step. As long as there are people in Lebanon who want to be involed in all problems around the world, the world problems will keep coming to Lebanon. So let us adopt a neutral stance and focus on building our infrastructure and our society in peace with the rest of the world.
Go to Top of Page

Bullocks

66 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  05:59:39 AM  Show Profile
I fully agree on neutrality in foreign policy because even if some people would like to change how regional politics are going, lebanon is too small, and what impact do they think Lebanon would have on reional politics?

besides lebanon cannot cope with the impact of having to deal with such regional issues, it would tear the country apart

let us just live peacefully and find out who's responsible for the acts of terrorism against innocent lebanese civilians

Edited by - Bullocks on 09/22/2005 06:00:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jean

Lebanon
50 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile
I think it is time to demand international (perhaps UN) protection. Obviously our government is unable to protect its citizens or to secure the streets of our country. We need international protection. I would go even as far as saying we need to be placed under an international mandate as we have shown time and again that we are a people incapable of self-government.
Go to Top of Page

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  10:30:23 PM  Show Profile
For us to achieve neutrrality, we must begin by having a government of unity internally. The Seniora cabinet has proved incompetent. Reform begins by ridding the country of the Seniora government. He and his cabinet must resign.
Go to Top of Page

The Whip

42 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  9:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Help is needed to stop Syria from using the armed Palestinians to distabilize Lebanon.
I am concerned that Syria's plan for revenge is to incite the Palestinians to open fire against the Israeli's from South Lebanon and their Bekaa camps. Something needs to be done in that regard; use the Lebanese army, use Hezbollah or use an international force to keep the Lebanese-Israeli borders calm especially now...until hopefully the Assad regime goes away.
Go to Top of Page

Pietro

Lebanon
64 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  7:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Lebanon lacks of immunity. Antibiotics cure the present infection, but make the whole organism’s situation only worse. The only hope is in an immunity build-up. The only immunity Lebanon can have is nothing else but: Lebanese Nationalism.

Building up Lebanese Nationalism, and exterminating Arab, Syrian or any other foreign allegiance is the key.
Go to Top of Page

Samir

Lebanon
33 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  10:23:55 AM  Show Profile
We actually need all the help we can from the whole world to kick out all Palestinians from Lebanon and to figure out what the hell does Hezbollah want their arms for. As a Lebanese, I have no idea what does Hezbollah need the arms for. Five years after the liberation of the south, they have not fired a single shot to liberate Shebaa. Can they liberate Shebaa if the UN says it is not Lebanese? If it is Lebanese, can't the Lebanese army move in and Israel starts a confrontation then let there be war.
But I will not accept someone who takes orders from Ahmadinejad to claim he represents the resistance movement in Lebanon.
Go to Top of Page

Talal

Syria
21 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  8:46:12 PM  Show Profile
do not worry my friends in lebanon. Suria is on the way back to help you.
we will be back in beirut, in ras ennabe3, in ashrafieh, in kraytem. we will not leave our brothers in lebanon by themselves to be at the mercy of the zionists. Syria will be back.
Go to Top of Page

fraizzze

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  8:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fraizzze's Homepage
lol
syria will mainly be able to stand on her own now...
ba2a dont worry about lebanon talal ;)
we will manage our selves METL EL SHATRIN
And the relation between lebanon and israel is none of syria's buisiness :)
Go to Top of Page

Pietro

Lebanon
64 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  2:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Talal, I don't know about Kraytem, but haven't you heard everybody fussing about you in Achrafieh since 1977? Comin to help em, eh?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Forum for Democracy in Lebanon © Democracy in Lebanon Go To Top Of Page